Information About Kayak 101 Classes
What you need to know about Kayak 101 Classes
Suggested items to bring are
Participant Release of Liability
This is a copy of what you will need to accept when you register for the class
· ESSENTIAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
· The ability to enter and exit the vessel independently or with the assistance of a companion.
· The ability to remain seated and balanced using adaptive support if necessary.
· At lease one person in the vessel must have the ability to move it through the water in a stable, controlled manner and return it back to the launching area.
· In consideration of being allowed to participate in The Friends of Lake Griffin State Park’s (CSO) paddle tour I acknowledge, understand and agree that:
· 1) The risk of injury from any activity involved in this program is minor, however the potential of serious injury or death does exist.
· 2) I knowingly and freely assume all such risks regardless of if they arise from a natural event or from any person or equipment.
· 3) I agree to comply with the stated terms and conditions for participation as outlined to me during the safety briefing. If, however, I observe any unusual or significant hazard during my participation I will bring that hazard to the attention of the tour guides.
· 4) I hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless the state and any agent, employee or volunteer of the state with respect to any and all injury, disability, death or loss to person or property during my participation.
We may occasionally take pictures during our tours and these photos may be posted to the state’s official social media page or The Friends of Lake Griffin State Park’s social media page. They may also be used in print capacity. If you do not consent to having your photo taken and used in this manner, please let one of your guides know. Your failure to do so will be taken as consent to have your photograph taken. Please note, this also applies to any minor children under your guardianship during the tour.